Welcome to the Home Page of the Priory Association.
What is The Priory Association?
- It is an active organisation of parents and staff whose role is to encourage closer links between home and school and enhance the learning experiences of the students at PriorySchool. We have a cross section of representatives from parents, support staff, teaching staff and senior managers.
- The contribution that the PTA makes is testament to their hard work, commitment and enthusiasm to support the school’s key goals and to provide our students with that little bit extra that makes our school special.
Would you like to support your child’s PTA?
- Can you help us by sharing your expertise?
- Can you help by organising or attending some of our events?
- Could you give a few hours per year to run a refreshments stand at a Parents’ Evening?
- We always welcome new members. Please feel free to pop along to one of our meetings and join us. Dates are published on the web page.
- Whilst some of the more senior roles can be time consuming they are always rewarding.
- We would request that anyone joining should try to commit to at least three meetings per year and assist at, at least, one event in a year.
- If this is you and you would like to help please contact Mrs Childs on 02392 819115
What does it mean to be in the PTA?
- Joining and supporting your child’s PTA demonstrates to them that you value their school and the work they achieve within it
- Helping at PTA events helps you get to know your child’s teachers better and understand the way the school works including the problems, challenges and joys they find in their work.
- Being part of the PTA helps you get to know other parents and their children.
- By joining the PTA you have the chance to promote and enhance your school’s standing within your local community.
- Most children actually like to know that you are there for them, taking an interest and sharing their experience.
- Talking to other parents helps you and them; sharing parenting tips helps us all.
- The commitment is not too much. The occasional evening meeting and attendance at an event can really make a difference even if it’s only for a couple of hours per year.
- Everyone has different talents and skills they can bring to the PTA. The best PTA’s are inclusive and find ways to incorporate all of the different things that people can offer.
- Similarly parents are a great interface between the school and the ‘outside world’.
The PTA carry out several fund raising events throughout the year. This is to enable us to spend any funds raised directly on enhancing the school experience of the students.
Every penny raised benefits the students of Priory School
- A selection of events we hold are as follows:
- An AGM in September each year
- A Christmas Fayre ora Prize Raffle
- Quiz Nights
- Table Top Sales
- Providing refreshments at Parents’ Evenings
- Many other fundraising events
This year the Association has donated:
- £500 towards two new defibrillators for the school and Tennis Centre
- £150 towards equipment for the school allotment gardening project for pupils in the Lodge
- £150 towards new aprons for DTFT Department
- £150 towards new staff football kit for playing in Charity matches
The PTA aims to provide ‘extras’ that aren’t already provided by the school’s main income. Some examples are:
- Wii for the PE dept to encourage some form of physical activity even if students cannot participate in the main lesson
- Jewellery Club for DTRM: making and selling jewellery
- Benches for students to use within the school site at break time
- Extra projectors for the Maths department to enhance learning
Meeting Dates & Events:
- Wednesday 21 January Year 7 Parents’ Evening – Refreshments served in Main Hall 4.30 – 7.30pm
- Wednesday 4, Thursday 5 and Friday 6 February – Refreshments served for School Production “Back to the 80’s”
- Wednesday 11 February – Year 11 Parents’ Evening – Refreshments served in Main Hall 4.30 – 7.30pm
- Thursday 12 March Year 9 Parents’/Options Evening – Refreshments served in Main Hall 4.30 – 7.30pm
- Wednesday 29 April Year 8 Parents’ Evening – Refreshments served in Main Hall 4.30 – 7.30pm
Thursday 21 May – Priory’s Got Talent (Refreshments)
- Thursday 4 June Year 10 Parents’ Evening – Refreshments served in Main Hall 4.30 – 7.30pm
- Thursday 18 June – Quiz Night – details to follow
- Monday 13 July New Parents’ Evening – Refreshments served in the Dining Hall 6.00 – 8.00pm
Staff and students (via the Student Council) can bid each year for a sum of money
How do we get information to you?
- Via our new webpage, text, email
- Letter taken home by ‘pupil post’
- Posters in and around the school
Chair: Mrs Teresa Wilford
Vice Chair: Mrs Leonie Banham
Secretary: Mrs L Childs
Treasurer: Mr N Johnstone/Mrs T Wilford
SLT Link Liaison: Mrs L Hart
Telephone: 02392 819115