Would you like to help your Son/Daughter make well-informed choices about their future study and careers?
Year 10 students can understand the wide range of career opportunities available to them in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) by attending a local 3 day Routes into STEM course during May half term, on 31st May and 1st and 2nd June 2016.
The courses are designed to help students make well informed decisions when choosing the next step in their education. Apply online: etrust.org.uk/routes-stem
Routes into STEM; How can this taster course benefit my child?
- Local hands on STEM activities including a chance to experience a real life industry work environment
Day 1 – CEMAST
Day 2 – University of Southampton
Day 3 – Finmeccanica
- A chance to explore and compare an Apprenticeship with a University course.
- A company visit to understand the fantastic career opportunities presented by studying a STEM subject.
- Bronze level Industrial Cadets Award (Inspired by HRH The Prince of Wales) – visit www.industrialcadets.org.uk/ for more info.
- A Routes into STEM workbook to take away, a DBS checked course supervisor, lunch and refreshments.
As a parent/guardian it is important that you consider the following:
Students are responsible for their own travel; we encourage car sharing to fit around parent work schedules.
Some full and part bursaries are available to those with a household income falling below £25,000. Please visit our website or contact us to discuss this. Pupil Premium (in receipt of free school meals) students should speak to their teachers.
A total of £120 is payable by fee paying students after a place has been offered. This includes a deposit and accreditation fee for the Industrial Cadets Bronze Level – see above. Deposit – £24 refundable or available to donate after successful course completion.