Year 9, 10 and 11 ignite pupils are invited to attend Trinity College Cambridge ‘Access Roadshow’ at 3-4pm on 17th December in the drama studio. The Schools Liaison Assistant and a group of current Trinity students are touring state schools across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to talk about their time at Cambridge, the application process and life at university.
The aim is to dispel the myths that surround Cambridge University, give pupils the chance to ask questions, and to show pupils that a Cambridge education is not beyond their reach. We’ll be encouraging pupils to aim high and work hard, as well as directing them towards practical information that can help with their university applications.
Topics that will be covered include:
- A Level Choices
- Russell Group Universities
- General talk on University life and applying, with a section on Cambridge
- Oxford and Cambridge specific applications
- Oxford and Cambridge myth-busting
- Financial Concerns and the cost of University
- Question and Answer session